James Winton Repass Jr.
Born 20 January 1918, Jefferson County, Tennessee
Died 22 March 1945
Memorialized at the Honolulu, HI Memorial
James Winston Repass Jr. was in convoy coverage VPB-32. He was shot down in the South Pacific. He was the son of James Winston Repass and Neval Blanche Elmore.
His brother William F. Repass died in 1943 in the South Pacific and is buried at the New Market Cemetery.
The Knoxville Journal, May 31, 1945
New Market, May 30 – J.W. Repass of New Market has been notified by the Navy Department that his son, Aviation Machinist’s Mate Second Class, James W. Repass Jr. is missing in action in the Pacific area. Young Repass was reported missing following a plane crash March 22. He has been in the Navy three and onehalf years and was captain of the plane which crashed. His brother, Sgt. William Fred Repass, kwas killed in a plane crash in the South Pacific area in August, 1943.
- Rank: Aviation Machinist Mate Second Class
- Date of birth: 20 January 1918
- Date of death: 22 March 1945
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: New Market
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: VPB-32
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James W. Repass Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.