Born 20 August 1894, Soddy, Tennessee
Died 10 May 1918 at the Base Hospital at Camp Jackson, South Carolina of a fracture of base of skull, sustained in a train wreck.
321th Infantry, 81st Division, Company I
Pvt Reno is buried at Soddy Presbyterian Cemetery, Soddy, Hamilton County, Tennessee.
Columbia, S.C. May 10 – Eight soldiers were killed and twenty-six injured when a wooden passenger coach carrying members of the 321st infantry jumped a trestle at Camp Jackson this morning. The soldiers had just entrained for Camp Sevier at Greenville and the train was pulling out of camp at a very low rate of speed. As it approached a trestle a big steel coach struck a spreading rail. This hurled the wooden coaches immediately in front down the embankment.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 20 August 1894
- Date of death: 10 May 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Soddy
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company I, 321th Infantry Regiment, 81st Division
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Soddy Presbyterian Cemetery, Soddy, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Jess Reno
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.