Jesse James Brown was born in Ritters, Moore, North Carolina, to James Karrol Brown and Myra Jane Chadwick. His father died in 1928 and remarried with James H. Tallent. He had one sister, Theola Fairydell Brown and two brothers, Robert F. Brown and William Charles “Jack” Brown. His brother William served with the navy during World War II in the South Pacific and also in Korea where he was wounded.
Private Jesse J. Brown was assigned to the 4th Cavalry Reconnassance Squadron. The unit was in support of the 9th Infantry Division during the Normandy campaign. He was killed in action 8 August 1944 and is interred at the Brittany American Cemetery, St James, France, J, 9, 3.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 17 May 1923
- Date of death: 8 August 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Signal Mountain
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 4th Cavalry Reconnassance Squadron
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Brittany American Cemetery, St. James (Manche), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Jesse J. Brown
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.