Pfc. Joe Drew Morris was born at Gadsden, Alabama, son of Ollie Robert Morris and Belle Carrie Miller. He enlisted on 20 March 1943 at Fort Oglethorpe in Georgia. He was killed in action in Eastern France.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 20 December 1944
Pfc. Joe D. Morris, 22, who had been reported missing in action since Nov. 13 in France, has now been reported killed in action, his mother, Mrs. Belle Miller Morris, 1711 Chamberlain Avenue, was informed yesterday. Pfc. Morris entered the service in March, 1943, and had been overseas for four months. He is a graduate of Central High School and was formerly employed in the offices of Combustion Engineering Company here. He was an active member of St. Andrews Church.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 27 April 1922
- Date of death: 13 November 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Greenwood Cemetery Chattanooga, Hamilton County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Joe D. Morris
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.