Joe McClanahan was born in Bradley County, Tennessee, the son of Onnie McClanahan and Sarah Alice Pruitt. He resided with his grandparents, John Pruitt and Minerva Elizabeth Rowland after the death of his mother in 1919.
Buried at Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Belgium, B, 3, 47
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 11 March 1917
- Date of death: 19 November 1944
- County: Bradley
- Hometown: Charleston
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 8th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Joe McClanahan
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.