Joseph Joe McGhee. Born on February 22, 1892 in Madisonville, Tennessee to Thomas Burton McGhee and Rosette E. Townson. He entered the service June 24, 1918 at Madisonville, Tn and received training at Camp Gordon in Atlanta, Georgia and Camp Merritt in New Jersey. He sailed to Europe September 14, 1918 arriving on September 21st. He died of pneumonia on 6 October 1918 in Winchester, England.
Burial at Knoxville National Cemetery, Knox Co, TN, C-15, 3618.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 22 February 1892
- Date of death: 6 October 1918
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Vonore
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 17th Company, Camp Gordon September Auto Replacement Draft
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Joe McGhee
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.