Joe Ramsey was born in 1902, the son of Alfred Ramsey and Louise Swanner.
He Died non Battle in 1942.
The Knoxville Journal, Friday July 17, 1942
Sgt. Joe Ramsey, a native of Knoxville, died Wednesday at 6 p.m. at a station hospital, Camp Blanding, Fla. He was 33 and had been in the service 16 years. Sergeant Ramsey formery lived at 816 North Fifth Avenue.
Surviving are his widow, who is in Florida; two sisters, Dora Ramsey and Margaret Ramsey, Knoxville; two brothers, Charlie Ramsey, Knoxville and Robert Ramsey of Detroit.
Burial in Ashbury Cemetery.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of death: 15 July 1942
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Asbury Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Joe Ramsey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.