Joseph Stephen “Joe” Taylor was born in Scott County, Virginia. Son of Mrs. J.E. Taylor, Route No. 2, Bloomingdale.
He joined the Army at the age of 25. He served with Company B, 38th Infantry and was killed in action.
Buried Plot B Row 11 Grave 65
Aisne-Marne American Cemetery
Departement de l’Aisne
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 18 April 1892
- Date of death: 5 June 1918
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Heiskell
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 38th Infantry, 3rd Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Aisne-Marne American Cemetery and Memorial, Belleau, Departement de l'Aisne, Picardie, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Joe S. Taylor
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.