Born 12 March 1908
Died 26 January 1962
4th Engineer Combat Battalion, 4th Division Engineers, Company C
Private Shockley enlisted on 2 November 1943 and was honorably discharged on 22 October 1945. Although he is listed in some places as having died during World War II, he actually outlived it.
Son of John Shockley and Hattie Cozart
He married Ola Hale (Marriage certificate) or Nancy Ola Qualls (Family Tree) on 7 July 1951. He had two sons, Joe D. and Olan Lee Shockley.
“Olan Lee Shockley is my father and died before I was born. My Uncle Joe David and his wife Carolyn took me to his grave site in Tennessee when I was a little girl. If anyone has any information on this extension of my family tree I would love to be contacted. Thank you.” -Tabatha Milner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 March 1908
- Date of death: 26 January 1962
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 4th Engineer Combat Battalion, 4th Division Engineers
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Mountain Home National Cemetery, Washington County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Joe Shockley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.