John Alexander Dunlap was the son of Martin B. Dunlap and Josephine Smith.
Pvt. Dunlap was Killed in Action in Italy. He enlisted in July, 1942 and had been serving overseas since February.
The Maryville Times, December 30, 1943
Pvt. John A. Dunlap, 21, has been reported killed in action in Italy, Nov. 10. Pvt. Dunlap enlisted in July, 1942 and had been serving overseas since February with the Army Infantry. He is survived by his mother, Mrs. Mart Dunlap, a sister, Mrs. Marshall Moore, two brothers, Leonard of Maryville and Pvt. Jackson E. who is stationed in California.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 17 June 1922
- Date of death: 10 November 1943
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Maryville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Mount Tabor Cemetery, Maryville, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John A. Dunlap
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.