John A. Malone was born 17 May 1894, Afton, Tennessee to Daniel and Hiley E. Malone. He entered the service on 20 September 1917 at Greeneville, Tennessee and received his training at Camp Gordon in Georgia and Camp Sevier in South Carolina. He sailed to Europe on 30 May 1918. PFC Malone was killed in action 24 September 1918 on the Hindenburg Line and was initially buried at the American War Cemetery Bony, Aisne, France. Buried at Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Greeneville, TN, A, 18.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 17 May 1894
- Date of death: 24 September 1918
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Afton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company C, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Hindenburg Line
- Burial/Memorial Location: Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Greeneville, Greene County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John A. Malone
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.