John Davis Carmicheal
Steward Second Class Carmicheal was a member of the U.S. Navy serving in Korea. He died of other causes in Korea on September 3, 1951. Steward Second Class Carmicheal was awarded the Combat Action Ribbon, the Korean Service Medal, the United Nations Service Medal, the National Defense Service Medal, the Korean Presidential Unit Citation and the Republic of Korea War Service Medal.
The Newport Times, Oct. 10, 1951
John D. Carmichael, son of Addie Carmichael of Newport, R. 1, was killed while serving the Navy on September 3rd. Funerals services will be held at Rorex Chapel and burial will be in the Mountain Home Cemetery.
- Rank: Steward, Second Class
- Date of birth: 10 September 1914
- Date of death: 3 September 1951
- County: Cocke
- Hometown: Newport
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Boyd (DD-544)
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Combat Action Ribbon, Korean Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John D. Carmicheal
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.