John Dayton was born in Unicoi County, Tennessee.
He died 3 October 1918 at the age of 26 from non-battle wounds (Phthisis). Buried plot A, row 1, grave 16, Suresnes American Cemetery, Suresnes, France.
Photo of his grave submitted by R.C. Vidal
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 5 May 1891
- Date of death: 3 October 1918
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Elizabethton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company D, 520th Engineer Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Suresnes American Cemetery, Suresnes, Departement des Hauts-de-Seine, Île-de-France, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John Dayton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.