Private First Class John Everette Richardson of Lake City was born on February 4, 1918. He was the son of John Dock and Della Willis Richardson. Served with the 32nd Armored Regiment, 3rd Armored Division. Killed August 11, 1944, near Mortain, France. He was buried in Longfield Cemetery on March 27, 1949.
The Knoxville Journal, March 25, 1949
Pvt. John Everette Richardson, 26, of Co. D, 32nd A.R. was killed in France Aug. 11, 1944. Survivors: stepmother, Mrs. Marie Richardson of Lake Cityl four brothers, Walter and Bill, Lake City; Amors, Jacksboro, Route 2; Albert, Los Angeles; five sisters, Georgia of California; Christine Burton of Oak Ridge; Mrs. Alive Disney of Lake City; Lona Bell and Mary Sue Richardson of Lake City.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 4 February 1918
- Date of death: 11 August 1944
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Lake City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 32nd Armored Regiment, 3rd Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Longfield Cemetery, Lake City, Anderson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John E. Richardson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.