Private John Henry Ferguson was born in Towns County, Georgia. He was the son of Tom Ferguson. He served in Company B, 117th Infantry, 30th Division.
Private Ferguson died of wounds received in the battle in France on September 29, 1918 at the age of 31. He is buried in Cloyds Creek Cemetery in Blount County.
Photo from www.honorstates.org
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 28 October 1886
- Date of death: 29 September 1918
- County: Loudon
- Hometown: Kizer
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Bellicourt
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cloyds Creek Cemetery, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John H. Ferguson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.