John Keef wat born in Hamilton, Tennessee to John Keef and Ruth Goode.
He enlisted on June 16, 1943
Buried at Greenwood Cemetery
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 9 March 1945
Pfc. John Keef Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. John Keef, Tunnel Boulevard, Route 2, was listed as missing in action in France on Sept. 21, but he has now been reported killed in action on that date. He was serving with an infantry division of the Third Army. His three sisters are Misses Elsie and Metty Keef and Mrs. Ruth K. Newman, all of Chattanooga. His brother is Kenneth Keef of Chattanooga.
Pfc. Keef attended Eastdale Elementary School and Hardy Junior High School.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 23 June 1924
- Date of death: 21 September 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 10th Infantry Regiment, 5th Infantry Division
- Theater: e
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Greenwood Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John Keef
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.