John Luther Huddleston was the son of James Washington Huddleston and Susan Emiline Emiline Ellis. He was killed in action. He is buried in the Halls Cemetery, Campbell County.
The Knoxville Journal, September 1, 1944
Pvt. John L. Huddleston, Habersham, was killed in action in France, August 2, according to a message from the War Department received by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Jim Huddleston. Private Huddleston had been in service nearly two years and overseas since June, 1944.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 23 July 1922
- Date of death: 2 August 1944
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: Habersham
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 47th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Hall Cemetery, Stinking Creek, Campbell County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John L. Huddleston
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.