John Ollis Fox was born 12 August 1896, Sevier County, Tennessee, son of Nathaniel Grant Taylor Fox and Mahala Melvina Burchfield. He trained at Camp Wadsworth and Camp Merritt and sailed to Europe September 27, 1918 arriving there in October 1918. He served with the 57th Pioneer Infantry Regiment, Company M and died of broncho pneumonia in Brest, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 August 1896
- Date of death: 14 October 1918
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Sevierville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company M, 57th Pioneer Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Fox Cemetery, Sevierville, Sevier County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John O. Fox
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.