John Robert England was born on 17 December 1908, the son of Rutherford B. “Rufus” England and Hattie G. Gray. Husband of Thula Carpenter.
Died non Battle 23 September 1942
Buried at the Lone Mountain Cemetery, Tazewell, TN
816th Engineer Aviation Battalion, Company B
The Hancock County, News, 21 July 1948
Funeral services for the late Pvt. John R. England will be held at the Midway Missionary Baptist Church. Pvt. England, son of Mrs. Hattie England, Rte 1, Tazewell, died in England on September 23, 1942. The body was among the many which arrived in this country a few days ago. Pvt. England is survived by his mother, one brother, Henry England, 4 sisters, Mrs. George Ingle, Mrs. Bill Carpenter, and Mrs. Al Lynch all of Tazewell and Mrs. Wallace Wolfe of Los Angeles, Calif.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 17 December 1908
- Date of death: 23 September 1942
- County: Claiborne
- Hometown: Lone Mountain
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 816th Engineer Aviation Battalion, Company B
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lone Mountain Cemetery, Tazewell, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John R. England
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.