John Thomas Moore was born 6 October 1919 to Everette F. Moore and Bessie Tullock.
He was killed in action 10 July 1944 near Périers, France.
Buried at Cross Anchor Cemetery, Greeneville, TN
The Greenville Sun, August 4, 1944
Mr. and Mrs. E.F. Moore Sr. Received a message from the Adjutant General War Department informing them that their son Sergeant John Thomas Moore was killed in action in France, July 10th. He had entered service in Januaryn 1942 and two years later went overseas with the Fourth Division 22nd Infantry. The 4th Division is reported to be the best equippedin the Army.
John Thomas was graduated from Greenville High sSchool in 1937.
- Rank: Technician Fourth Class
- Date of birth: 6 October 1919
- Date of death: 10 July 1944
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Greeneville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 22nd Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division, Hq & Hq Company
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cross Anchor Cemetery, Greeneville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John T. Moore
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.