John Thornton Sharp was born 31 October 1895, LaFollette, Tennessee to James Franklin Sharp and Nancy Malinda Graham. He entered the service in July 1917 in Knoxville, TN and trained at Camp Sevier, in Greenville, South Carolina. He was wounded in France on October 8 and died of his wound October 12, 1918
He is buried at Woodlawn Cemetery, LaFollette, Campbell County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 31 October 1895
- Date of death: 12 October 1918
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: Lafollette
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company D, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Woodlawn Cemetery, LaFollette, Campbell County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John T. Sharp
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.