Private John William Fletcher was born in Rugby, Tennessee, son of Walter and Lottie Fletcher. He was assigned to the 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division AEF. He was killed in action at Ponchaux, France on 6 October 1918 at the age of 22, and interred at A,24,9, Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 18 February 1895
- Date of death: 6 October 1918
- County: Morgan
- Hometown: Rugby
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company L, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John W. Fletcher
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.