Born 29 November 1917, Tennessee
Died non Battle 13 July 1943, San Diego, California
Pvt Revis is buried at Spence Cemetery, Dayton, Rhea County, Tennessee.
The Dayton Herald, July 15, 1943
Pvt. Jones Revis, 26, son of Mr. and Mrs. Richard Revis of Washington cummunity, was fatally injured July 12 when struck by an automobile in San Diego, Calif. Pvt. Revis was a member of Battery K, 204th C.A. (AA) stationed at San Diego. He was inducted into the service on Nov. 28, 1942. He is survived by his parents; three brothers, Pfc. Osburn Revis of Newport News, Va., Leland Revis and Richard Jr., of Old Washington; two sisters, Mary Ellen and Hazel of Chattanooga; and his grandfather, Bert Revis of Dayton. The body will be sent to Dayton, and upon arrivl funeral arrangements will be announced by Sawyers Funeral Service.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 29 November 1917
- Date of death: 13 July 1943
- County: Rhea
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Battery K, 204th C.A. (AA)
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Spence Cemetery, Dayton, Rhea County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Jones Revis
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.