Joseph Adam Ramsey was born in Reliance on 26 August 1922 to James Ramsey and Serepta Alice Runyon.
Died 19 February 1944
Buried at Archville Cemetery, Reliance, TN
30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division, Company E
Pvt Ramsey was killed in action near Cisterna, Italy.
The Knoxville Journal, 8 August 1948
The body of Pvt. Joseph A. Ramsey of Archville, Tenn., who was killed Feb. 19, 1944, while serving with the Army during World War II, was returned here for final rites and interment. The funerals is to be held tomorrow from Archville Church, near Etowah.
Survivors are his mother, Mrs. Alcie R. Ramsey, and one sister, Mrs. A.D. Inman of Summerville, Ga.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 26 August 1922
- Date of death: 19 February 1944
- County: Polk
- Hometown: Archville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Greasy Creek Cemetery, Reliance, Polk County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Joseph A. Ramsey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.