Joseph Calvin Runyon (also spelled as Runnion) was born in Benton, Polk County, Tennessee. Son of Isaac Napoleon Runion and Flora May Bain. Husband of Julia Elizabeth Stinnett.
Pvt Runyon died at the Base Hospital at Camp Jackson, South Carolina of epidemic cerebrospiral fever. He is buried at Bentontown Cemetery, Polk County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 31 March 1888
- Date of death: 21 January 1918
- County: Polk
- Hometown: Benton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 316th Machine Gun Battalion
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bentontown Cemetery, Polk County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Joseph C. Runyon
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.