Raymond Kenneth Pickell
Born 2 February 1923 – Loudon County
Son of Robert Rutherford Pickell and Bertie Bell Manis
S/Sgt Pickel was Left Waist Gunner on B-17 serial number 42-97787, which crashed into the North Sea.
Pilot 1st Lt Joe R. Worthley
Co-Pilot2nd Lt Alfred B. Clumpner
Bombardier 1st Lt Austin J. Mack
Navigator 1st Lt Carroll Binder Jr.
Radio Operator/Gunner S/Sgt Erwin C. Zimmer
Left Waist Gunner S/Sgt Kenneth R. Pickell
Right Waist Gunner S/Sgt Leslie H. Schweinebraten
Top Turret Gunner Sgt James S. Baker
Ball Turret Gunner Sgt John W. Goetz
Tail Gunner Sgt Elmer E. Simpson
Sgt Simpson was the only survivor.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 2 February 1923
- Date of death: 24 May 1944
- County: Loudon
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 358th Bomber Squadron, 303rd Bomber Group, Heavy
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Air Medal, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Netherlands American Cemetery, Margraten, Netherlands
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Barbara Luttrell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.