George Robert Kilgore died in Camp Gordon, GA, from an epidemic of influenza, which killed more soldiers during WWI than died in combat. He is buried in Oak Grove Cemetery, Sequatchie, Marion County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 27 April 1898
- Date of death: 10 September 1918
- County: Marion
- Hometown: Tracy City, Tennessee
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Development Battalion 2, Company H
- Conflict: World War I
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oak Grove Cemetery, Sequatchie, Marion County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George R. Kilgore
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.