Lawrence Hackworth Jackson was born on 10 January 1922 in Georgia, the son of William Andrew Jackson and Margaret Lillian Eddington.
He died in the line of duty in an auto accident on 15 June 1943.
Buried at Boydston Cemetery, St. Elmo, TN
Seaman First Class
Lawrence Jackson served on the U.S.S. Ranger
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 30 May 1948
The remains of the late Lawrence H. Jackson arrived in Chattanooga. He is survived by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. W.A. Jackson: one brother, William G. Jackson, Chattanogoa; one sister, Mrs. B.L. Mills Jr., Chattanooga. Mr. Jackson was killed in line of duty at Arzen, Algeria, June 15, 1943.
- Rank: Seaman First Class
- Date of birth: 10 January 1922
- Date of death: 15 June 1943
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Ranger
- Theater: North Africa
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Boydston Cemetery, St. Elmo, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lawrence H. Jackson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.