Leander Harrison Messer was born 20 August 1895, Sevier County, Tennessee, son of Louis Messer and Louthenia Whaley. Pvt Messer was a farmer before he was inducted into military service on 5 July 1918 at Fort Thomas, Kentucky. He died of influenza on 26 November 1918, Camp Sheridan, Montgomery, Alabama.
He is buried at Candies Creek Cemetery, Cleveland, Bradley County in Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 20 August 1895
- Date of death: 26 November 1918
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Cleveland
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company C, 46th Infantry, 9th Division
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Candies Creek Cemetery, Cleveland, Bradley County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Leander H. Messer
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.