Lee Sharp enlisted in Company D, 117th Infantry, 30th Division, on June 30, 1917. After training at Camp Sevier, S.C., he went to France in May 1918 with his organization. He took part in all engagements of his command until October 8, 1918 on which date he was killed. He held the rank of Private.
Pvt Sharp was initially buried at the American Cemetery, Bony, Aisne, France. He is buried at the Knoxville National Cemetery, B-16, 3665.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 2 April 1893
- Date of death: 8 October 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company D, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lee Sharp
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.