Leon Edward O’Daniel was the son of Zachery O’Daniel and Ruth Chadwick. Brother of Clyde Lee O’Daniel. Husband of Iva Dean Camp and father of Branda Joyce O’Daniel.
PFC Leon Edward O’Daniel served in the Joint Assault Signal Company (JASCO) of the 5th Marine Division during the assault on Iwo Jima. He was returned from Iwo Jima.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 28 March 1945
Pfc. O’Daniel, 29, was the husband of Mrs. Iva Dean Camp O’Daniel and the father of Brenda Joyce O’Daniel, 2408 Sixth Avenue Courts. He was the son of Mrs. Ruth O’Daniel, 304 Oliver Street. Pfc. O’Daniel entered the service in January/ 1944, and went overseas in September of the same year. He graduated from Central High School in the class of 1936 and was prominent in atheletics. He has one brother, Clyde O’Daniel, who resides in California.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 1 September 1915
- Date of death: 20 February 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: Joint Assault Signal Company, 5th Marine Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Leon E. O'Daniel
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.