Leonard Francis Marine was born August 3, 1895 in Blount County. He was the son of Joseph Malhon Marine and Mary Ann Belle Whitehead Marine. He married Lou Emaline Payne in 1917 or 1918. Prior to joining the military, he worked on the family farm in Rasar, Tennessee.
After serving in World War I, Marine became sick with influenza during transportation back to the States and died at sea on October 2, 1918. He died only five days before the birth of his first son, Leonard Honely Marine. He is buried in Happy Valley Missionary Baptist Church Cemetery in Tallassee, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 3 August 1895
- Date of death: 2 October 1918
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Rasar
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 2nd Provisional Company, Camp Gordon September Auto Replacement Draft
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Happy Valley Missionary Baptist Church Cemetery, Tallassee, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Leonard F. Marine
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.