Leslie Alvin Manning was born on 1 November 1921 at Daisy, Tennessee to John Robert Manning and Winnie Ellen Hughes.
He died on 21 September 1944 in France
Buried at Hensley Cemetery, Daisy, TN
Private First Class
134th Infantry Regiment, 35th Infantry Division, Company D
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 16 April 1949
Funeral services for Pfc. Lesley Manning, son of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Manning of Daisy, who was killed in action in France Sept. 21, 1944, will be held at the Daisy Baptist Church. Burial will be in Hensley Cemetery, with full military honors.
Besides his parents, Pfc. Manning is survived by three sisters, Mrs. E.L. Dobbs, Misses Ellen and Lorene Manning.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 1 November 1921
- Date of death: 21 September 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Daisy
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 134th Infantry Regiment, 35th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Hensley Cemetery, Hixson, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Leslie A. Manning
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.