Lester Buner Webb was the son of Clifford W. Webb and Callie Rebecca Jones. Husband of Rose Smith.
Died 5 April 1945 in France
Burial December 9, 1948, Roseberry Cemetery, Knoxville
The Knoxville Journal, December 8, 1948
Pfc. Lester B. Webb, age 26, Strawberry Plains, killed in action April 6, 1945 in the European Theater. Member of Roseberry Baptist Church and a former employe of American Zinc Company. He was married to Rosa Smith.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 30 September 1919
- Date of death: 5 April 1945
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: Strawberry Plains
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 253rd Infantry Regiment, Company C
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Roseberry Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lester B. Webb
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.