Lester Collins Rogers was born on 22 August 1907 at De Kalb, Alabama to Simon Ashberry Rogers and Lizzie Louisa Adams. Husband of Annie Brown. He Died non Battle 1 August 1944.
Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 49
Technician Fifth Class
290th Coast Artillery, Headquarters Battalion
T/5 Rogers died while in the service at Camp Pendleton, Virginia.
The Chattanooga Times, 5 August 1944
Funeral services for Cpl. Lester C. Rogers, 38, who died Wednesday at Camp Pendleton, Va., will be held Monday morning at the Hughes Avenue Baptist Church. Burial, with full military honors, will be in the National Cemetery. Surviving are his wife, Mrs. Annie Brown Rogers; eight sisters and five brothers, Fort Payne, Ala., and stepmother, Mrs. Lizzie Rogers, Ider, Ala.
- Rank: Technician Fifth Class
- Date of birth: 22 August 1907
- Date of death: 1 August 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 290th Coast Artillery, Headquarters Battalion
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lester C. Rogers
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.