Lester Leon Hunt was the son of Homer Glandor Hunt and Lena Bryant.
He was killed in combat near Gambsheim, France.
The Knoxville Journal, February 5, 1945
Pfc. Lester Hunt, son of Mr. and Mrs. Homer Hunt of Greenback, Route 2, was killed in action in France, Jan. 7, according to a War Department message received by his parents. Private Hunt entered the service in February, 1942, and had been overseas nine months.
He was wounded in France in June, 1944, but returned to duty after he recuperated. Before entering the service, he worked on his father’s farm, near Big Springs.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 4 July 1915
- Date of death: 7 January 1945
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Friendsville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 313th Infantry Regiment, 79th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Big Spring Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Friendsville, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lester L. Hunt
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.