Lester Laverne Tabor was born on 25 April 1924, the son of Samuel Oscar Tabor and Loucinda Atkinson.
Killed in Action 30 May 1944
Parents Samuel Oscar Tabor, Lucinda Aikens
Fredonia Cemetery, Crossville, Cumberland County, Tennessee, USA
The Crossville Chronicle, July 15, 1948
Tabor, who enlisted in 1943, was killed in action on May 30, 1944 on the march to Rome. One hundred forty more Tennesseans bodies are due to arrive at New York aboard the Army Transport Oglethorpe Victory. These derad were originally interred in temporary military cemeteries in France and Belgium.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 25 April 1924
- Date of death: 30 May 1944
- County: Cumberland
- Hometown: Crossville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 79th Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Fredonia Cemetery, Crossville, Cumberland County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Ernest Lyons
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.