Lloyd (also spelled as Loyd) D. “Doyle” White was born in 1914 to Robert Frank and Pearl C. White
He died non Battle
Buried at Manila American Cemetery, Philippines, A, 7, 145
South Pittsburg Hustler, Jan. 4,
Dead in line of duty – S/Sgt. Lloyd D. White, cousin of Mrs. Lloyd McNeese, Mrs. M.S. Jackson and Mrs. J. Melvin Lawson of Chattanoooga and son of Frank White of Whitwell, Tenn., died of burns received in New Guinea on November 19.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of death: 19 November 1944
- County: Marion
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 123rd Infantry Regiment, 33rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lloyd D. White
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.