Louis Stanford McCullohs was born around 1919, only son of Louis Stanford McCullohs Sr. and Katherin McCarthy.
Louis S. McCullohs enlisted on 27 January 1942 at Fort Oglethorpe in George. He Died non Battle.
He was initially buried at El Alia Cemetery at Algiers, Algeria and re-buried at North Africa American Cemetery, Carthage, Tunisia, D, 1, 11.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 7 March 1945
T/Sgt Louis S. McCullohs, 25, son of Mrs. Katherine M. McCullohs and nephew of Mrs. Jennie M. Boyle and Mrs. Rose M. Conroy of 17 Vista Drive, was killed in the Middle East on Feb. 23, the War Department announced. Sgt McCullohs was a graduate of Notre Dame High School, and before entering the army in January, 1942, he was employed at the Wesco Construction Company here. He had been overseas nearly three years.
Picture below from 1936 yearbook, Notre Dame High School, Chattanooga, TN.
- Rank: Technical Sergeant
- Date of death: 23 February 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 110th Airways and Communication Service Squadron
- Theater: North Africa
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: North Africa American Cemetery, Carthage, Tunisia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Louis S. McCullohs
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.