Luther William Keirsey was born at White Pine, Tennessee on 4 November 1919, the son of Hiram H. Keirsey and Rentie Beuta Sinard. He married Mary Ruth Kimbrough in 1939.
Died 30 April 1945
Private First Class
145th Infantry Regiment, 37th Infantry Division, Company F
PFC Keirsey was killed in combat Northwest of Luzon, Philippine Islands. He was initially buried at the USAF Cemetery, Manila No. 2, Philippine Islands. He is buried at Knoxville National Cemetery, B, 6684.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 4 November 1919
- Date of death: 30 April 1945
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 145th Infantry Regiment, 37th Infantry Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Luther W. Keirsey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.