Mack Hobart Smith entered the service of the U.S. Army in 1918. Received his military training at Fort Oglethorpe, GA. Saw service with the American Expeditionary Force. Died in France on January 14, 1919, as the result of blood poisoning. Was a member of the US Army Medical Department. He is interred at A,10,28 St-Mihiel American Cemetery, Thiaucourt, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 22 August 1899
- Date of death: 14 January 1919
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Medical Department
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: St. Mihiel American Cemetery, Thiaucourt, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Mack H. Smith
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.