Marion Edward Murphy was born at Chattanooga, Tennessee, the son of Marion Edward Murphy and Mary Padgett.
He is buried at Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Belgium, H, 15, 51
The Atlanta Constitution, 8 October 1944
Pvt. Marion E. Murphy Jr., 21, son of Mr. and Mrs. M.E. Murphy, of 204 Waters Road, S.E., was wounded in action Sept. 18 in Germany, his parents have been notified. An infantryman, Pvt. Murphy has been overseas since May of this year, and in the service 18 months. He was formerly employed by the Atlanta Paper Company. A brother, Cotton Murphy, resides in Atlanta.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 August 1923
- Date of death: 19 September 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 39th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Marion E. Murphy Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.