McKinley Watts Hansard was born 12 August 1894, Union County, Tennessee, son of Marvel Witt Hansard. He died of broncho pneumonia.
McKinley Hansard age 23 years, a member of the National Army who was training at Camp Merritt, N.J. died Sunday. He was a son of M.W. Hansard. The young man was taken by the selective draft, September 4. The deceased is survived by his parents, five sisters, and seven brothers, two sisters, Willie and Canditia reside in Lakeland, Fla. Two brothers, Pryor and Albert are in the army, the former being in France. Albert is at Camp Gordon. The other brother and sisters live in Knox County, The body will be brought to Knoxville and the funeral will be conducted at Hansard’s chapel. The funeral arrangements will appear later.
-The Journal and Tribune, Wednesday, October 9, 1918
Photo courtesy of Gaye Thomas
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 August 1894
- Date of death: 6 October 1918
- County: Union
- Hometown: Maynardville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Headquarters Company, 57th Pioneer Infantry
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Milan Cemetery, Union County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor McKinley W. Hansard
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.