Melvin Clifford Brock was born at Pikeville, Tennessee, the son of Joseph Ira Brock and Dora Eveline Higgenbottom. Husband of Virgie Pursley.
Private Brock was assigned to the 787th Anti Aircraft Artillery Automatic Weapons Battalion. He died non battle on 4 November 1944 and is interred at D,12,26, Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 10 December 1944
Pvt. Brock died somewhere in France Nov. 4, according to official information received by relatives. He served with an anti-aircraft unit in the army since November, 19412, he went overseas last August, and has three brothers in military service, two of whom are overseas.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 8 December 1923
- Date of death: 4 November 1944
- County: Bledsoe
- Hometown: Pikeville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 787th Anti Aircraft Artillery Automatic Weapons Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Sponsored by: Jean-François Pellouais
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.