Miles Noel Walker was born in Kentucky on 26 July 1920 to Clifton Walter Walker and Ida May Vanhooser. His brother, Walter E. Walker was killed in action in 1945. Miles was the husband of Mrs. Frances Walker, 3115 12th Avenue, Chattanooga.
Killed in Action 7 August 1944
Buried at Riverside Cemetery, Hopkinsville, KY
30th Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop, 30th Infantry Division
The Owensboro Messenger 5 August 1948
Hopkinsville, Ky., Aug. 4 – Killed on opposite sides of the word, the bodies of 1st Lt. Miles N. Walker and his brothers, Pfc. Walter E. Walker, will arrive here tomorrow for burial in their native soil. The brothers were the sons of Clifton Walker of Hopkinsville. Lieutenant Walker was killed in France in August, 1944, and his brother died in battle at Cebu, Philippine Islands, May 9, 1945.
- Rank: First Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 26 July 1920
- Date of death: 7 August 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 30th Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop, 30th Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Riverside Cemetery, Hopkinsville, KY
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Miles N. Walker
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.