Millard Cameron was born on 25 February 1918 at Rutledge, Tennessee, the son of Joseph Cameron and Cora Atkins. He married Una V. Reneau in 1942.
Killed in Action 28 July 1944
Buried at White Pine Cemetery, White Pine, TN
134th Infantry Regiment, 35th Infantry Division, Company A
The Knoxville Journal, Aug. 25, 1944
Pvt. Millard Cameron, 26, formerly of Morristown, was killed in France July 28, his wife, Mrs. Una Cameron, White Pine, has been notified. He had been in service 11 months and overseas since May 1944. He was in the infantry. Besides his wife, he is survived by one son, Millard Jr.; mother, Mrs. Cora Morgan; brother, Roy of Rutledge; three sisters, Mrs. Lillie Morgan, Rutledge; Mrs. Leona Gardner, Terre Haute, Ind., and Miss Pearl Morgan of Tullahoma.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 25 February 1918
- Date of death: 28 July 1944
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Rutledge
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 134th Infantry Regiment, 35th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: White Pine Cemetery, White Pine, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Millard Cameron
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.