Miller D. Yoakum was born at Speedwell, Claiborne County, Tennessee, the son of David Marsillus Yoakum and Sarah Helen “Heley” Marsee. Stepson of Jake C. Overton (in 1940). He was killed in action in Germany.
Enlisted 20 September 1944 at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
Buried Woodlawn Cemetery, La Follette, Campbell County, Tennessee
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 30 June 1926
- Date of death: 24 March 1945
- County: Campbell
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 87th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Woodlawn Cemetery, La Follette, Campbell County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Miller D. Yoakum
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.