Miller Kyle Manis was born on 25 May 1921 to Walter Thomas Manis and Pearl Dell Price.
Died 19 December 1944
Buried at Chop Tack Cemetery, Rogersville, TN
Private First Class
399th Infantry Regiment, 100th Infantry Division, Company L
Purple Heart and Bronze Star
The Kingsport News, 10 December 1948
Funeral services will be held at the Chop Tack Baptist Church for PFC Miller K, Manis, son of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Manis, Rogersville, Route 1, who was killed in action in France on December 19, 1944.
Private Miller entered the service in December, 1942, and went overseas on September 25, 1944. He was awarded the Purple Heart and Bronze Star posthumously both of which were sent to his widow, the former Blanche Drinnon.
In addition to his parents, Private Manis is survived by four brothers, Guy, Earl, Melvin and Lloyd; and three sister, Lyda, Hallie and Mary, all at home.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 25 May 1921
- Date of death: 19 December 1944
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Rogersville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 399th Infantry Regiment, 100th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Choptack Baptist Church Cemetery, Choptack, Hawkins County,, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Miller K. Manis
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.