Private Mitchell enlisted on 9 January 1943 at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia.
7th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division, 932nd Field Artillery Battalion, HQ Battery
He was Killed in Action in Italy
He is buried at Lynnhurst Cemetery in Knoxville, Tenn.
He was the son of Samuel William Mitchell and Lelia M. Albright. Brother of Alice Marie, Dorothy M., Eloise and Dimple Mae Mitchell.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 17 June 1924
- Date of death: 3 February 1945
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 7th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division, 932nd Field Artillery Battalion, HQ Battery
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lynnhurst Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Donald M. Mitchell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.