William Grover Neely Jr. was born in Knoxville, TN to William Grover Neely and Buena Vista Amanns. He was wounded in action in France, July 26 and killed in action April 11, 1945 in Germany. He was first reported missing in action, after two years of service, during which he spent a year overseas.
He had two brothers in service, Cpl. Filmer Neely at Camp Croft, S.C. and Pvt. Floyd Neely at Fort McClellan, Ala.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 10 October 1917
- Date of death: 11 April 1945
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 331st Infantry, 83rd Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster
- Burial/Memorial Location: New Gray Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William G. Neely Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.